Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I flew into Tokyo this morning, on another terribly early flight. My round-the-world ticket always puts me on either very late or very early flights. And that's why it's cheap (comparatively), I suppose. But I am rather excited about my accommodations for the first few days in Tokyo: a capsule hotel near Kinshicho station. Sleeping in a 2m x 1m x 1m capsule is not nearly as bad as it sounds, and compared to bunk beds in a hostel, the privacy is amazing. But thats where the privacy ends, Im afraid, as the baths are communal. Ive already seen 3 fully naked Japanese men and I've only been in Tokyo for less than a day. If I stay in the capsule hotel the whole ten days, that would be upwards of 30 naked Japanese men at this rate. That's just...way too many.

No comments:

Post a Comment